Welcome to Gortankaku Community Association of Western Australia, Inc.
The Gortankaku Community Association WA is an incorporated community organisation formed in 2008.
The objectives of the association are:
- To foster relationships among the Pulaar (Fulani) speaking people and other interested community members in Australia.
- To contribute to the well-being of the community and to bring prosperity to the communities in Australia as a whole.
- To contribute to raising the Pulaar or Fulani (Fulfulde) language and unite its dialects, and to promote better understanding with other African and the wider Australian communities.
- To educate our children about our language and traditional values and how to contribute meaningfully to the well-being of all Australians.
- To promote good relations with other cultural communities—locally, nationally and internationally.
- To interact with other culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities in Australia in order to promote better understanding.